Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis
1hr – £185.00
A Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) looks at your overall well being using the relationship between minerals and health.
More on HTMA…..
Minerals are the spark plugs of our cellular machinery without these our biochemistry will be out of kilter resulting in all sorts of symptoms from indigestion through to skin issues.
I use a HTMA as my bench mark tool to be able to individualise your nutritional programme, as we are all biochemically unique.
What happens when you book for a HTMA?
- once you have booked an HTMA online (suggest you book at LEAST 2 weeks ahead of time) you receive an automated email with a Zoom link for your consultation and another email with directions on how to send of your hair sample. TWO emails in total. Check that you have received them, if not check junk/spam folders and add the email address to the recipient’s list.
- once you have sent your hair sample to the lab, we receive confirmation that your sample has been received
- it then takes anywhere between 10-14 working days for the raw results to arrive from the laboratory to us
- on receiving these results, the raw data is analyzed and interpreted and you will receive an email with the raw data
- we go over and discuss your results in a 60-minute zoom session that you booked when you paid for the HTMA online
- following this 60-minute session you will then receive a personalized report that that takes into account the hair results, the 60-minute session, and your health history
Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis is a very simple test that uses the hair from your scalp. Nails can be used if hair is not an option. The HTMA test is non-invasive and unlike many tests it is affordable for the depth of information that it provides. An HTMA is more accurate than a blood test. A blood test is a ‘snapshot’ of what is happening within that moment of time.
HTMA provides information on….
- At least 20 minerals
- Deficiencies, imbalances, and toxicities
- Dietary issues
- Carbohydrate tolerance such as low blood sugar
- Lifestyle imbalances such as stress
- Gland health especially the adrenals and thyroid
- Digestive health
- Toxic metal status suppressed or exposed
- Psychological and emotional stress
In essence, the HTMA test allows your nutritional plan to be tailored to your unique requirements. There is no ‘one size fits all’ DIEt plan.
A “snapshot in time” aka “the blood test”
Blood test is really a ‘snapshot’ in time of that specific moment in your life? If you asked the doctor to take another sample a few minutes later the blood test readings may well be different to what they were 5 minutes ago! It may be hard to believe but the only way of knowing this is to actually try it out. Traditional ‘diagnostic’ tests DO NOT take into consideration that the body is a dynamic, constantly changing, interconnected living being.
If anything, these standard tests treat the body as if it was a ‘static piece of equipment’…but the fact is that the human body is a dynamically changing fluid being. So in essence, in-clinic what I tend to see are clients with various symptoms, such as from ongoing headaches, fatigue, depression through to irritable bowel syndrome and ALL standard blood tests show up ‘normal’ .
It is not a surprise that everything is within the so-called ‘normal’ range as the blood will maintain balance as if it’s life depended on it, literally! So say if your general calcium levels are low, either because your diet is not nutrient-dense or your hormones are out of balance, your body will take the calcium out of the bones and teeth to ensure that the blood has enough calcium. This is the ‘Rob Peter to pay Paul’ kind of syndrome.
This is why a HTMA proves very useful.
HTMA tests DO take into consideration that the body is a dynamically changing fluid being.
Mineral levels are higher in hair than in blood, so it is easier to detect mineral levels in the hair than in the blood. Hair grows pretty fast and taking a sample of hair from the scalp shows what has been going on over the last few months, unlike a blood test. The body also ‘dumps’ heavy metals such as mercury, aluminium, lead into the hair for safekeeping, so HTMA uses this valuable information too.
I hope this helps with understanding how an HTMA may be of benefit to you. I would love to hear from you and see if I can help you achieve your health goals.